Tips for the Bride- Time! Time! Time!


Tips for the Bride- Time! Time! Time!

Getting the best out of your wedding photography entails a few, but significant, considerations.


First, you have to choose a good wedding photographer, one that you have a good rapport with and whose style you like and appreciate. This is key to getting photos you like on your wedding day. Once this is done, you are about 70% of the way to getting great pictures of your day. The other 30%, however, is crucial to ensuring you (and your photographer) have a great day resulting in great images. Part of that 30% is simply scheduling enough time and coverage for your day.


1. Ensure enough coverage
I know that in the age of per hour wedding photography this can significantly impinge on a wedding budget but I strongly believe that a wedding day requires more than 3 or 5 hours coverage. At Filip Welna Photography we don’t do packages by the hour, but rather by the event. So if your getting ready at 10:00am in the morning, we will be there clicking away.
On average, we are at an event for about 8 -12 hours. As I have told many couples usually our best pics do not happen during the major formal events, but in the in-between moments.
For us, since candid photography is our primary style, it is essential to be with a couple for more than just during their ceremony or on location shoot.


2. Ensure enough time for the on-location shoot
Many couples will spend thousands on a great photographer and then create a schedule where they have barely 45mins to do their on-location shoot. Even the best photographers cringe at the idea of a 4:00pm ceremony and a 6:00pm reception (particular if travel time is needed). Consider that a ceremony will take 30 mins, congratulations, 20 mins, family photos 15 mins, and that’s 1 hour gone, factor in 20 minutes travel time and suddenly there is only 40mins for photos. If the day runs late (and it often does) that could get even shorter.
I have heard couples say they don’t want to keep the guests waiting, but I have always thought that if there is one day worth keeping people waiting its your wedding day! Honestly, guests are very good at taking care of themselves, give them an extra hour to freshen up or relax and give yourself the gift of time and great memorable pics.

That’s it for this post, Tips for the Bride will be an ongoing series so stayed tuned for more.

Tags: , ,


Comments are closed.

Artistic, creative, contemporary Wedding Photography in Perth and Beyond.

Award winning photographer Filip Welna specialises in creating photography that is both evocative and beautiful.  As photographers, Filip and his wife, Karina, enjoy capturing the spontaneous believing that these moments are often the most insightful into a person’s spirit and vitality. To see some of the wedding photography we have done in the Perth and surrounding areas click here.  Always striving to produce original images,  we have  a keen eye for colour and those small but all important details that make your wedding day special and unique.

So, if your looking for two fun, quirky and bubbly individuals to take your wedding and/or engagements photos, contact us today.

A wedding photographer is one of the few people who will spend nearly all of your wedding day with you, so its important that they are not only professional and experienced but also fun and relaxed. Filip Welna Photography provides wedding photography that will ensure you’re day is captured beautifully. Filip Welna Photography seeks to document your wedding day as it happens, creating memories to last a lifetime, we also enjoy producing stunning bridal and couple portraits.

If your are look for a photographer in the Perth area or Beyond, please contact us and see what we can do for you.

Your wedding day is one of the most important days of your life and it will take more than a disc of photos to do it justice.

As a professional wedding photographer, not only does Filip Welna prides himself on producing stunning images but also high quality albums, prints and other memorabilia to display your special pictures.

All our album packages include a high quality wedding album, that unlike the digital medium, will be easily viewable by you and future generations forever.

Always Professional

Filip Welna Photography is run by AIPP (Australian Institute of Professional Photographers) full member professional photographer Filip Welna, ensuring that we will always strive to provide a professional, high quality wedding photography service.

In additional to his AIPP accreditation, Filip is also a graduate and alumni of the Prestigious New York Institute of Photography.

With Filip Welna Photography you are getting a professional and experienced photographer who will capture your wedding day beautifully. Bridal and Wedding Photography at its best.